- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How To Make The Tastiest Bacon And Mushroom Sandwiche Ever
Making Tasty Bacon And Mushroom Butty
Tasty Bacon Sandwiche Preparation
When thinking of Sandwiches to make, right at the top of my mind comes the Bacon and Mushroom sandwiche as it is in my opinion the best sandwiche ever because Bacon and Mushroom are just the perfect ingredients to make a Bacon Butty, so lets get on with it, because I'm hungry and if you are reading this, then you are too, but since I'll be making it first then I'll be eating first Ha Ha!.
First you will need:-
- A pack of bread rolls or baps, these aren't essential but they are if you want to have the best and most tastiest Bacon Butty in the whole wide world.
- A decent pack of bacon, none of them Bacon bits cut up I hate seeing them in the shops, no! Proper Bacon rashers that you know will fold up quite nice in your bread roll.
- A pack of Button Mushrooms - Any mushrooms will do really because when you come to fry or boil them they will shrink anyway.
- Healthy butter - I always try and get the healthy butter with Omega oils and what not because this sandwich is a favorite of mine I try and eat healthily in some way.
- Optional Brown Sauce and Black Ground Pepper - I like to say optional because some people don't like brown sauce or Pepper for that matter, but they do add a certain tastiness to the Sandwiche.
Now you can either fry your Bacon in a pan with some oil or the slightly healthier option is to simply grill it and the fat from the Bacon will cook itself I do prefer to grill it, because oil makes the Bacon slightly more greasy.
Grill The BaconClick thumbnail to view full-size
Boil Or Fry The Mushrooms
Whilst the Bacon is cooking under the grill, you can start to cook the mushrooms I prefer to boil them but you might want to fry them in some oil which can end up adding extra grease to your butty which is just plain evil.
Get a small pan and slice your mushrooms up mainly into halves and place them in your pan and add water some they are covered and boil until they turn from a white color to a nice grey color and you'll know this as they will have shrunk about half of their original size.
Boil The MushroomsClick thumbnail to view full-size
How Do You Like Your Bacon?
Some people like their bacon crispy yeah that's me, but others like theirs rubbery with the fat all like an elastic band, it's up to them I suppose if they want their tongue catapulted through their own head it's certainly up to them.
Once the bacon has been cooked, place it onto your buttered baps or in my case a couple of Oven Muffins...Doesn't the bacon sandwiche look mouth watering and tasty....
Get Your Bread Buns Buttered Ready And Place Bacon On The BapsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Drain The Mushrooms
Now it's time when the mushrooms are ready to drain all that brown water that has come from the mushrooms so that we have some nice cooked mushrooms to add to your bacon sandwich, if you wish you can get some sheets of Kitchen roll and place your mushrooms on it to get rid of the excess water that will most certainly water log your bread baps which is an annoying thing to do.
Oooooh look at the steaming pile of hunky goodness now!!
Bacon + Mushrooms = Tasty! Order Shown From Left To RightClick thumbnail to view full-size
And eat it like you mean it!
Destroy that sandwich!!
(Making funny faces ....optional!)