How To Make Your Own Carbonated Soda With Three Common Ingredients
As the we becomes more aware of all the chemicals we are putting into our bodies, I have became more and more vigilant of making more things myself. I have learned that we can easily make butter, sour cream, cheese, breads and so much more, at home with a few ingredients. Those ingredients do not have to be chemicals and fake colors that we find so common now a days. These ingredients are probably already present in your home and are free of these negative man-made chemicals.
This recipe may also be helpful to all those preppers looking for something to make as a barter item, or just a great way to make natural soda when you cannot buy any. Also a great project to have with your children, with a great treat at the end.
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Take yeast and place in 1/2 cup of warm water and soak for 3-5 minutes until it gets frothy
- Place sugar in empty two liter bottle and pour activated yeast mixture.
- Shake well
- Fill two liter bottle up to 2 inches from cap and shake well again.
- Put cap on tightly and turn bottle on side for 2 days, or until bottle is hard and tight. Chill and serve.
So let me know what you think! Try the recipe and let us know how it worked out. You can also make many other flavors of soda by buying the homemade soda syrups, however those too are riddled with chemicals and perservatives.