How to Cook Crispy Mushroom Quesadillas: A Mexican-Inspired Dish
Quesadilla is a popular Mexican dish made made tortilla folded in half then filled with choices of meat or vegetables combined with any kind of cheese. It is usually cooked on a griddle or pan or oven until the cheese is melted. The term quesadillas means "little cheesy thing". This dish is best served with dips and sauces. In this recipe, I made my simple yet delicious version of crispy mushroom quesadillas.
- 2 large plates
- 1 large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
- tongs or spatula
- pan or grill pan
- 3 flour tortillas
- 150 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 350 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- hot sauce, optional
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooking oil, for sauteing
- Heat the small amount of oil in a pan.
- Saute onion until translucent. Add the sliced button mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and set aside.
- Lay a tortilla wrap in a plate. Spread mayonnaise on the half part of the wrap. Then fill with button mushrooms and onions mixture. Add shredded cheese. Fold tortilla in half.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining tortilla wrap.
- In the same pan, toast each side of the tortilla wrap.
- Slice each tortilla into four equal parts.
- Serve with your favorite dip or sauce.
Mushroom Quesadillas Video Tutorial Recipe
Tips and Techniques
- Best serve with dip or condiment such as salsa, cheese sauce or hot sauce.
- Add any kind of cheese available.
- Use other kinds of mushrooms.
- Cook in a grill pan for visible grill marks.
- Grease pan to avoid tortilla wrap from sticking.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients for more fillings.
- Buy pre-grated cheese available in supermarkets.
- Season fillings with other herbs and spices if preferred.
Other Delicious Mexican Dish
- How to Make Cheesy-Spicy Elote: A Mexican-Inspired Dish
Who doesn't love a delicious snack? It's important to know how to cook affordable and easy recipes. Enjoy a Mexican-style cheesy-spicy elote in the comfort of your own home.
- How to Make Huevos With Mango Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Breakfast Dish
Do you enjoy eating eggs for breakfast? Add a twist to your favorite meal by mixing it with a fruity salsa. Try my own simple dish of huevos with mango salsa.
© 2020 Travel Chef