How to Cook Haleem
How to cook Haleem
During my first year of marriage, I tried to learned how to cook Pakistani or Indian food. Being a wife my goal is to serve my husband whatever he want in order to make him happy.
I learned cooking from our family friend back in Kuwait. But now I forget this recipe how to prepare, that is why I posted here in my blog it easy for me to access anytime I need it.
Haleem is a high calorie dish, I tried this dish from our family friend in Kuwait, and it is really delicious.
200 gm Wheat (washed and soaked for 2 hrs)
300 gm Boneless Mutton (lamb)
100 gms (vegetable or canola oil)
3 pcs onions (sliced)
2 pcs Lime
2 teaspoon Garam Masala
salte to taste
20 gm Fresh Green Chillies
2 inch piece ginger
6-8 flakes garlic
- Clean and marinate mutton with half of ground paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies ans salt for 1 hour.
- Use the pressure cooker to cook the soaked wheat and marinated meat for about 45 minutes.
- Mince and grind to a fine paste.
- In a Pan heat oil, add the finely sliced onions, fry till brown, add the garam masala.
- Add the ground paste and keep srirring on slow flame, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot, with lime wedges