- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Cook Ramen Noodles
Its easy to learn how to cook ramen noodles and there are many different recipe variations on the methods one can use. In this article, I'll not only explain how to cook ramen noodles the old fashioned way, but also give some of the many recipe variations S. and I love to cook and enjoy on regular occasions. You'll see that there's really nothing to cooking with ramen noodles and I'm pretty sure you can come up with some recipe variations you'd enjoy as well.
- 2 pkgs Ramen Noodles, broken up, opened and with the seasoning packet removed
- 3 cups Water
- Start by adding the water and the broken-up ramen noodles to a medium or heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes. Stirring is optional, but do observe that cooking the noodles usually creates a lot of foam that may attempt to boil over and out of the pan as you're cooking. I've found that standing over the pot and, as the foam rises to the rim of the pan, lightly blowing on the foam helps to dissipitate it and help prevent it from flowing out and creating a mess on your stove!
- When the noodles are done, you have two options - Some like it soupy, some like it dry - feel free to drain the left over water to your desired preference, add and stir in your seasoning packets, serve and enjoy! Leftovers can be chilled for about a week and warmed up after about a minute and a half, with a stir in between, in the microwave.
|Serving size: 43 g|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 861 mg||36%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
There are tons of ways on how to cook ramen noodles and add variety and here are just a few!
First off, you can add your choice of the following to the Basic Ramen Noodles Recipe above -
- 1 tsp Salt or 1 tbsp Butter for added flavor.
- 1/2 can of prepared Mixed Veggies.
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese.
- 1 - 2 tbsp(s) of your favorite Condiment or other seasoning.
- 1/3 cup Bacon Bits
Here are some other dinner ideas that you can add the Ramen Noodles to in order to create a more filling meal -
- Add to your favorite spaghetti recipe.
- Add to one prepared can of Beef Stew.
- Add to 2 cups of prepared rice.
- Add to a prepared Hamburger Dinner Meal.
- Add to 2 prepared cans of Corned Beef Hash.
Even with all of these options, there are still tons more, like for instance, many people enjoy a crunch in their salad without the extra sodium content - simply crush up a single pack of Ramen Noodles, open and remove the seasoning packet, and dump the crushed noodles into your salad for a Thiamine rich crunch without the sodium! You can save the seasoning packet to add flavor to just about any meal outside of the Ramen Noodles, too. The possibilities are endless!
Well, this has been a great and tasty adventure for both S. and I and we were glad to share it with you. I think we might go cook up some Ramens right now...so, this is Chris and S. saying good luck using your noodle! Bye!
- Chris and S.