- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Beef Recipes
How to Cook Steak in Red Wine Sauce
If you want to please your special someone on those special occasions like Valentine's or anniversary but you don't like the hassle of driving out, reserving or finding a restaurant, waiting to get seated, and paying that insane bill, then it is time to learn how to make your very own restaurant level steak.
Did you like this recipe?
- 2 pcs Rib eye steak cuts (1" thick), in room temperature
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2-3 tbsp butter, for steak
- 1 cup red wine
- 2-3 tbsp butter, for sauce
- 1 stock celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cube beef broth, diluted in 1/2 cup water
- Wash, pat dry and salt your steak cuts. It's ok to salt them early while waiting for them to reach room temperature.
2. Boil your red wine until reduced in half, set aside.
3. Oil your pan, when it starts to smoke, it is time to put in your steak cuts. Fry for 4 mins each side for medium rare. I did more sice I want my steak well done.
5. When done, cover your steak in aluminum foil to conserve heat.
6. On the same pan, soften your chopped onions
7. Add beef broth and celery, bring to boil.
8. When broth is reduced, add reduced wine. Then add butter until mixture thickens. Salt and pepper can be added to taste.
9. Strain the sauce.
10. Pour on plated steak. Enjoy!