How to Make Avocado Bacon Dip | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is another recipe from “The Cupboard Drawer”. With Football season and Baseball Playoffs well under way, This Avocado recipe is a great way to serve a “Changeup” for your sports fans from guacamole dip but keep the green theme. I like it with double the bacon listed, but that may be a bit much for normal folk. Another option is to fry 4 slices of your favorite salami till crisp and crumble or dice into bits instead of or with the Bacon; either way Enjoy..
Avocado Bacon Dip
2 Ripe Avocados, peeled and cut into chunks
½ Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Cup green onions sliced
4 tsp lemon juice
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
8 strips of bacon fried crisp and crumbled
- Place avocado chunks in an blender,
- Add Mayo and Green onions, cover and puree to a lumpy sort of blend, Add Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper; puree till smooth,
- Fold into serving dish and cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving add all but 2 tbsp of bacon to dip and whisk in with a fork.
- Top with the remaining Bacon and serve…
Yield 2 Cups of Dip