How to Make Corn Relish
Easy Corn Relish
One of the best parts about summer is salads. I love any kind of salad, from potato to pasta to coleslaw. My mother loved corn relish and I found a delicious, easy way to make it for her. Another thing I love about the salads of summer is how convenient they are. With a few of these tucked away in the fridge, all you have to do is BBQ some meat and you have an easy, quick, yummy dinner. It's also a terrific way to get lots of different veggies into your diet. I hope you like my corn relish!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- One 12-ounce can corn
- 2 tablespoons minced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced pimento
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, onion powder, curry powder, vinegar, water and corn in saucepan. Stir until well blended.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in green pepper and pimento. Let cool and refrigerate. That's all there is to it!