How to Make Fudge That is Creamy and Delicious
I like fudge that is creamy in texture, not sugary. Follow the tips below for perfect fudge every time. I used all of these tips and had the most perfect creamy fudge ever.
Some Hints and Tips for Perfect Fudge Making
1. Be sure to have your buttered pans ready ahead of time for placing the finished fudge in later. Otherwise, you may find yourself doing it too late and have problems with it setting up before you get it in the pans.
2. You should use a heavy pan to prevent burning and it should be about twice the size of the ingredients to prevent the fudge from boiling over.
3. Measure the ingredients carefully, being sure to add the exact ingredients. Nuts are the only item that is optional. Cook the exact time the recipe stipulates.
4. Once the mixture has completed the cooking time, don't stir the fudge in the pan. This will cause sugar crystals and the fudge will be grainy rather than nice and smooth and creamy.
5. Make sure the fudge is no longer boiling when you add the marshmallow creme and chocolate chips. It helps to put the fudge in a bowl before adding these.
6. Beginners might like to try the recipes that call for marshmallow creme first, since these recipes are less likely to cause a problem. My favorite is one that uses chocolate chips and marshmallow creme both.
7. Once the fudge is out of the pan, stir in the remaining ingredients quickly, because the fudge will start to setup.
8. Once they are stirred in well and the fudge looks glossy, pour into the greased pans.
I used the Fantasy Fudge recipe this year and it turned out really creamy. You can now buy chocolate chips with peanut butter added. I tried the recipe with both the chocolate and the peanut butter ones. Both turned out scrumptious, but the peanut butter fudge needs to dry out a little longer.
Here is the link for the Fantasy Fudge that I used.