- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
How to Make Crema Di Limoncino at Home
Crema di Limoncino (also referred to as Crema di Limoncello) is a sweet, creamy, lemon flavored after dinner drink. It may also be served as a welcoming drink or for a toast in celebration. It is often served cold in a small shot glass. It is very similar to Limoncello, but with the added ingredient of milk for the creaminess.
- 750 ml Everclear 151 Grain Alcohol (1 bottle)
- 5 Lemons (medium to large size)
- 9 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 4 1/4 lbs Sugar
- 1/2 t Vanilla Powder (such as Paneangeli Vanillina)
Day 1 Instructions
- Wash lemons well.
- Peel lemons with a peeler and place rinds into a large seal-able container. Ensure to only peel the yellow part, not the whites.
- Pour bottle of Everclear into the large container and seal it.
- Store in a dark place such as a closet for 1 week.
Day 2 Instructions
- Place milk, sugar, and vanilla powder in large stock pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes ensuring all sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Strain lemons from alcohol and add to cream mixture.
- Store in seal-able bottles/containers in the refrigerator or freezer.
*May store up to 6 months.
There are several different ways to make this drink and I encourage experimentation to find your preferred taste. Some variations include:
- Alcohol Type - try any clear alcohol. Vodka works well.
- Sugar - adjust sugar to desired sweetness.
- Milk - try variations in milk fat and quantity based on desired creaminess.
- Fruit - try using other fruit such as oranges, grapefruit, or strawberries;
Other Helpful Links
- Making and Enjoying Limoncello
once wrote an article about what you can do with extra lemons when you have them and got a comment from someone that I'd forgotten to include making limoncello. I always...
- Limoncello Cocktail Recipe
Do you enjoy sweet and fruity liqueurs? Limoncello is a delicious Italian liqueur that is now enjoyed in many countries around the world. It is available in many liquor...
- Limoncello - It doesn't get better than home made
This started on a whim and an overabundance of lemons. I purchased commercial limoncello and the only thing I would use it for was mixed drinks. It was not pleasing...
- DIY Limoncello
Lest we think that cordials or liqueurs are only for drinking, I would like to present a more creative use. Along with this, I will provide...