- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Dieting Delicious: How to Make Easy and Delicious Sweet and Spicy Turmeric Chicken and Rice With Spicy Cream Sauce
I Love This Recipe!
This dish is great for clearing out your sinuses. You can really make it spicy or enjoy it mildly with the flavor of the turmeric. I love how easy this dish is to prepare. I started cooking it a few months ago and it has become a weekly staple. I find myself adding or substituting different vegetables based on what is in my refrigerator. The great thing about this dish is it saves in the refrigerator for a couple of days. I like to prepare extra portions to take to lunch at work for the following few days.
Buy Awesome Hot Sauce- Hummzinger (HOT) Award Winning Hot Sauce
Hot Sauce Love Affair
I don't usually like to plug for specific products, but this is seriously the best hot sauce I have ever had. It is award winning too! I found it on a vacation to San Diego when I was visiting old town. I met the owner in her store and she let me sample so many of the hot sauces and gave me a bunch of little free jars of different flavors. The humzinger flavor is my favorite flavor option. This hot sauce is amazing, and it goes so well with this recipe and can be ordered online.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Bone Broth, chicken, beef, etc., (Preferably homemade, any type of bone broth will do)
- 1 tbsp grassfed organic butter or ghee
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder (for the Rice)
- 1/4 tsp dried cumin, (for the Rice)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder, (for the Rice)
- 1 tsp pink himalayan sea salt, (for the Rice)
- 1 dried chili pepper, (for the Rice)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, (for the Rice)
- 4-5 white button mushrooms, (for the Rice)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced, (for the Rice)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, diced, (for the Rice)
- 1/2 small onion, diced, (for the Rice)
- 1 roma tomato, diced, (for the Rice)
- 3 sliced coins fresh ginger, (for the Rice)
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp cumin, (for chicken marinade)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (from jar), (for chicken marinade)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano, (for chicken marinade)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 1 lemon, (for chicken marinade)
- 1/8 cup olive oil, (for chicken marinade)
- 2-3 tbsp Sour cream, (for sauce)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, (for sauce)
- 1 tbsp Siracha, or other hot sauce, (for sauce) I use Awesome Hot Sauce- hummzinger
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Tenderize the chicken. If you have a thicker chicken breast slice it in half into two pieces. You want thin chicken breasts for even cooking.
- Add chicken marinade ingredients: cumin, minced garlic, dried oregano, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and stir until combined. Marinade the chicken for at least 30 minutes. You can marinade for an hour or more for stronger flavors in the chicken.
- When you are ready to start cooking begin with the rice. Place the butter or ghee in a saucepan at medium heat. When it begins to brown, add the rice. Stir the rice until it starts to become toasted or golden in color.
- Once the rice is toasted, add the spices for the rice: turmeric powder, cumin, onion powder, chili pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add broth, mushrooms, green pepper, garlic, ginger, tomato, and onion. Stir just until combined. Bring to a boil and reduce to the very lowest heat setting and simmer. Place the lid tightly on the pan. Do not stir or lift the lid for 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the chicken. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to a pan at medium to medium high heat. When the oil is heated, add the marinated chicken. Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, without over cooking.
- Place the chicken on a plate and let it cool for a few minutes so the juices seal before slicing. If you slice your chicken too early, it will dry out.
- While your chicken is cooling, prepare the spicy cream sauce for your dish. Add sour cream, hot sauce and garlic powder together and combine. Set Aside for serving.
- Once the Rice has finished simmering for 15 minutes, take the lid off and stir the rice. Remove chili pepper and garlic knobs. Any tomatoes that looked firm will fall apart and mix in the rice. Serve the Rice and add the chicken on top, sliced across. Drizzle the spicy cream sauce on top and enjoy!
© 2016 Healthy Habits