How to Make Fresh Rhubarb Pie
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 1 hour 20 min
Yields: 1 9" pie
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP salted butter
- 2 9" pie crusts for top and bottom
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Make your favorite double pastry pie crust recipe or use store bought pie crusts. Place one crust in a 9" pie plate.
- Combine the flour and the sugar; sprinkle about a fourth of it on the bottom pie crust. Add a layer of the chopped rhubarb. Top the rhubarb with the remaining flour and sugar mixture. Cube the butter and dot the pie filling with it.
- Add the top pie crust and pinch the edges to seal. Cut slits in the crust to vent. Add foil to the edges of the crust to prevent burning or over-baking.
- Put pie on the lowest rack in the oven; bake for 15 minutes at 450 then reduce heat to 450 degrees and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Wait at least an hour to serve.