- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Vegetable Ingredients
How to Cook Pan-Fried Green Beans
Fast, Easy, Delicious
Tired of putting your green beans in a pot and turning the temperature up? Me too. Is salt and pepper just not enough spice? Try this delicious recipe.
*This can be done with fresh snaps and/or store bought green beans in a can!
- A splash of Apple Cider Vinegar
- One per can (or est. equivalent for fresh greens) Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
- 1/3 Stick Butter or Margarine
- Put your Beef Bouillon cubes in frying pan, along with a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar, and Salt and Pepper. Turn the temp. to Medium-High setting.
- Time to add the Green Beans! If using canned greens, only add 1/3 of the juice into your pan. If using two cans of greens, still ONLY use 1/3 of ONE can. If cooking fresh greens, add 1/2 cup of water.
- For 3-5 minutes, allow all ingredients to mix together by stirring occasionally. During this time, go ahead and add 1/3 stick of butter (more or less depending on your desired taste) and shake Onion Powder over the greens.
- After your Beef Bouillon Cubes have melted completely, put a lid over the frying pan. Let simmer, stirring occasionally. You will notice the greens may be sticking to the bottom of the pan. This means you must stir more frequently!
- At the end of this process, your greens should be slightly browned, firm, and ready to eat!
DO NOT be alarmed if beans have shrunk in size or are no longer intact. This is normal.
ALL INGREDIENTS and INSTRUCTIONS can be modified to suit your preferences.