How to Make Upside-Down Banana Cake (Gluten-Free)
Upside Down Banana Cake
An Overview of Making Upside Down Banana Cake
Making this cake was quite lengthy. I did it from scratch. I have the satisfaction that most of the ingredients used here are gluten-free and healthy. I powdered brown rice to get the flour. I don't know whether you get brown rice flour in the market. You can use it if it is available. Almond powder, flaxseed powder, and almond milk all I did at home.
This cake is very delicious and healthy. You can have it as an in-between meal, evening snack, or after school snack.
- 1 small cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup for the cake and 1/4 cup for spreading on the base
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, powdered
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup for the batter and 1/4 cup for the base
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 small or 4 big bananas, 3 for the cake, 3 for the base
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Grind flax seeds and combine with almond milk. I made almond milk by grinding de-husked soaked almonds and water.
- In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil. Spread a thin layer of sugar on it. Place banana slices on the sugar layer, one near the other to cover the entire base.
- Take mashed banana in a mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add almond milk and flaxseed to the above mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to combine.
- Mix brown rice flour, almond powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients with the dry ones. Now, you get a smooth and thick batter.
- Pour this batter into the baking dish while gently tapping the sides for free-flow till the base.
- Keep the baking dish inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until you get a properly baked cake. To ensure this, insert a thin stick inside the cake. If it comes out clean, it indicates the cake is baked nicely.
- Take out the baking tray and keep for cooling. Once it is warm, turn it upside down. Now, you get yummy upside down banana cake. Cut and eat! relish the taste.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 54 g||18%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|