- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make Upside Down Banana Cake
Gluten-free Upside Down Banana Cake
An Overview of Making Upside Down Banana Cake
Making this cake was quite lengthy. I did it from the scratch. I have the satisfaction that most of the ingredients used here are gluten-free and healthy. I powdered brown rice to get the flour. I don't know whether you get brown rice flour in the market. You can use it if it is available. Almond powder, flax seed powder, and almond milk all I did at home.
Let us look into the procedure. For making this cake, you have to pre-heat the oven at 350 degree. Combine almond milk with ground flax seeds. Keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
Prepare the base of the cake. Pour some oil. Spread a thin layer of sugar. Place banana slices one near the other as shown in the pic.
Mash a few bananas. Mix it with coconut oil and vanilla. Add this mix to almond milk and flax seeds mix. Stir well.
Combine brown rice flour, almond powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir well to form a nice batter. Pour it into the baking dish, slightly tapping a few times.
Place the baking tray inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes or till the cake is done.
Take out the cake tray. Make it upside down after cooling a bit. Tap the sides for easy dropping the cake. Yummy upside down banana cake is ready. Cut and eat the cake. This cake is rich, flavorful, and very tasty.
Ingredients for Making Upside Down Banana Cake
- 1 small cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup for the cake and 1/4 cup for spreading on the base
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp flax seeds, powdered
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup for the batter and 1/4 cup for the base
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 small or 4 big bananas, 3 for the cake, 3 for the base
- 1/4 tsp salt
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Upside Down Banana Cake
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
- Grind flax seeds and combine with almond milk. I made almond milk by grinding de husked soaked almonds adding water.
- Pour coconut oil on the base. Spread a thin layer of sugar on it. Place banana slices on the sugar layer, one near the other, to cover the entire base.
- Take mashed banana in a mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and vanilla essence. Stir well.
- Add almond milk and flax seed mix to the above mixing bowl. Combine the contents by stirring.
- Mix brown rice flour, almond powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients with the dry ones. Now, you get a smooth and thick batter.
- Pour this batter into the baking dish, gently tapping the sides for free-flow till the base.
- Keep the baking dish inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes or till you get a properly baked cake. To ensure this, insert a thin stick inside the cake. If it comes out clean, it indicates that the cake is baked nicely.
- Take out the baking tray and keep for cooling. Once it is warm, turn it upside down. Now, you get yummy upside down banana cake. Cut and eat! relish the taste.
Nutritional Information of Upside Down Banana Cake
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 54 g||18%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 229 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|