- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make Green Tea Ice-Cream ? Easy Green Tea Recipe with Step by Step Guide
Since modern science singled out green tea as one of the most beneficial beverages in the world, various green tea products have emerged such as green tea cake, green tea latte, green tea sweets, green tea chocolate, and not forgetting, green tea ice-cream.
Health Benefits of Green Tea Ice-cream
Green tea helps to boost practically every bodily system. A few studies have tentatively shown the unique antioxidants in green tea help to inhibit cancer growth and recurrence. It also helps to clear out clogs in blood vessels, especially in women, hence reducing the risk of heart disease.
Green tea contains a chemical substance called polyphenols, which aids in fat burning, hence weight control. Its caffeine content can also boost metabolism. Therefore, daily intake of green tea does enhance weight-loss programs.
So, there are a few good reasons for you to have this healthier dessert, green tea ice-cream !
Green Tea Ice-Cream Recipe
½ cup of milk
1 cup of fresh cream (or whipping cream)
2 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons of green tea powder
1) Adjust the freezing compartment of your refrigerator to the lowest temperature at least one hour before you place the ice-cream mixture (which you will prepare below) inside.
2) Beat the egg yolks and sugar with mixer until frothy.
3) Add the milk and stir well.
4) Pour the mixture into a pot and turn on low heat.
5) When the mixture is about to boil, turn off the heat.
6) Add the fresh cream and green tea powder, and stir the mixture until thoroughly mixed.
7) Pour into a wide and shallow stainless steel dish with flat bottom. The height of the ice-cream should not be more than 3cm (or 2 inches). Pour into a second container if it is too much.
8) Place it in the refrigerator compartment with temperature below 5 degree Celsius ( or 40 degree Fahrenheit) to cool for 15 minutes or longer.
9) Move the ice-cream mixture to the coldest part of the freezer for two to four hours.
10) To make the ice-cream smoother, take it out every one or two hours through the freezing process, stir it and put it back into the freezer compartment.
Important tips to get smoother ice-cream texture :
1) The amount of sugar in this recipe should not be reduced, or else the ice-cream texture will change.
2) Avoid freezing too much ice cream at one go. Keep the ice-cream height in the freezing container to about 3cm or less. Freeze the ice-cream in two batches if necessary.
3) For step 10 above, instead of just stirring, pour the ice-cream mixture into a food processor, beat until smooth, and refreeze. Repeat a few times.
Low Fat tips
If you think the fresh cream or whipping cream is very fattening, making the ice-cream too rich, you can dilute the cream with low-fat milk, in a ratio of two parts cream to one part milk.
Recommended Ice-cream Recipe Books
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.
© Ingenira 2011