- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make Home Made Ice Cream
½ a cup of 2% milk
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons of salt
36-48 ice cubes (about 2 trays, depending on their size)
1 Freezer size Ziploc bag (or other large sandwich bag)
1 normal sized Ziploc bag (or other small sandwich bag)
- Add the milk, vanilla extract, and sugar to the smaller sandwich bag. Ensure that the bag is securely closed – use tape if need be to make sure that the bag will not open while you are making your ice cream.
- Take the ice and place it in the larger sandwich bag, and then add in the salt. This should fill up the bag to roughly half way- if you have more or less than half, you’ll have to adjust it accordingly.
- Place the sealed small Ziploc inside the larger one – double check that the smaller bag will not open. Close the larger Ziploc, and again, make sure that it won’t open as you make your ice cream.
- Shake, massage, and crush the bags with your hands for about ten minutes. Depending on the amount of ingredients used, the amount of time that it will take before your ice cream is done will vary. Simply continue moving and crushing the bag until you notice that the smaller bag has a solid inside of it. Be careful though – you don’t want to burst either of the bags, as that would both ruin the ice cream and create a large amount of mess.
- Then simply remove the ice cream and serve! If you want to add flavoring, syrup works the best and can be purchased in chocolate, strawberry, and other various flavors at most major supermarkets.