- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
Please rate this recipe!
A great way to start saving money is to make your own pizza at home rather than spend hard earned dollars at a delivery or take out place. Pizza dough is way too easy and cheap to pass up.
- 2.5 - 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water, 130-140 degrees
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix 2 cups of flour, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the 1 cup of hot water then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until a soft dough forms. Sprinkle in another 1/2 cup of flour then move the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 4-6 minutes, adding flour when the dough feels sticky. When it becomes soft and elastic, allow it to rest on the floured surface under a towel for 10 minutes.
- Rub your pizza pan with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Stretch the dough to fit your pan.