Tomato Garlic Dip for Momos
Tomato Garlic Dip
The Dip for Momos
The dip you serve with momos should be thick, soft, and creamy. It would be an awesome condiment if it is garlicky, hot, spicy, and tangy. You can easily make such a dip at home.
I used tomatoes, garlic, Kashmiri red chili flakes, sugar, salt, and lemon juice to make this hot dip. It took me about 20 minutes to make it.
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kashmiri red chili or red chili flakes, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Soak Kashmiri red chili or red chili flakes in 1/4 cup warm water. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Boil the whole tomatoes in just sufficient water for 8 minutes. It leaves the skin. Add garlic cloves. Continue to boil it for one more minute. Turn off the fire. Keep aside for cooling.
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes. Discard them. Chop the tomato into halves.
- Take the tomato, garlic, soaked red chili flakes or red chilies, sugar, and salt in a blender. Grind adding the tomato boiled water to get a smooth paste.
- Heat very little oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add the paste. Give a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until you get a thick consistency.
- Turn off the fire. Add lemon juice. Mix well. Garlic tomato dip is ready! Serve dim sum or momos with this yummy garlicky sauce. Enjoy the taste!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 80 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|