How to Make a Tomato Garlic Dip for Momos
Tomato Garlic Dip With Momos
How the Dip Should be to Serve With Momos
The sauce or dip you serve with dim sum/momos should be thick, soft, and creamy. It would be an awesome condiment for dim sum/momos, if it is garlicky, hot, spicy, and tangy. You can make such a dip easily at home.
I used tomatoes, garlic, kashmiri red chili flakes, sugar, salt, and lemon juice to make this hot sauce. It took about 20 minutes to make it.
To start with, Soak kashmiri red chili flakes in warm water. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Boil two whole tomatoes in water for 8 minutes. While it starts leaving its' skin, add garlic cloves. Boil for a minute. Turn off the fire. Keep aside for cooling.
Remove the skin of boiled tomatoes. Discard them. Cut tomato into pieces. Take them in a mixer grinder/blender. Add boiled garlic, soaked red chili flakes, sugar, and salt. Grind to get a smooth paste. If needed, add tomato boiled water while grinding. Grease a pan with butter or oil. Heat it. Pour this sauce into the pan. Boil the mix till you get the required thickness. Add lemon juice. Turn off the fire. Mix well. Transfer this sauce into a serving bowl. Hot and spicy tomato-garlic dip/sauce is ready! Serve dim sum/momos with this hot and tangy sauce.
Ingredients for Making Momos Sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chili or red chili flakes, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Soak kashmiri red chili or red chili flakes in 1/4 cup warm water. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Boil whole tomatoes in just sufficient water for 8 minutes. It leaves the skin. Add garlic cloves. Continue boiling for one more minute. Turn off the fire. Keep for cooling.
- Remove the outer skin of the tomatoes. Discard them. Chop tomato into halves.
- Take tomato, garlic, soaked red chili flakes/red chili, sugar, and salt in a mixer grinder/blender. Grind adding tomato boiled water to get a smooth paste.
- Heat a greased deep-bottomed pan. Pour this paste into it. Give a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till you get the required consistency.
- Turn off the fire. Add lemon juice. Mix well. Hot garlic-tomato sauce is ready! serve dim sum/momos with this yummy garlicky chutney. Enjoy the taste!