- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
How to Make Restaurant-Style Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup
The main kick in hot & sour soup comes from the garlic, pepper, and lemon. You have to start making this soup about 15-20 minutes before you want to serve. This is a quick and hassle-free soup.
The ingredients for this soup are cabbage, carrot, spring onion, celery, capsicum, green chili, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, cornflour, lemon juice, pepper powder, oil, and salt.
This soup is very healthy and delicious because of the fresh vegetables and spices that go into the soup. Sip it hot and enjoy the taste!
For the detailed recipe, here we go!
- 5 tablespoons cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onion whites, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 2 whole green chilies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or any other oil
- 1/2 teaspoon or more pepper powder, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Mix the cornflour in 1/2 cup water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan. Throw in the whole green chilies. Stir-fry for a few seconds or until it changes color. Remove and discard them. This step is to impart hot aroma to the soup.
- Add chopped garlic and sugar. Saute on a low fire until the garlic gets golden brown.
- Add vegetables one by one except spring onion greens. Saute on medium-high fire for two minutes. Add pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour 3 1/2 cups of water. Instead, you can add vegetable stock if you have. Let the mixture boil for 4 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture. Continue to boil for two more minutes or until you get the right consistency.
- Add soy sauce. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice. Stir it once.
- Hot & Sour soup is ready! Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Serve it garnished with chopped spring onion greens. Enjoy sipping this yummy and refreshing soup!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Sodium 24 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|