- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Soup Recipes
How to Make Restaurant-Style Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and Sour Soup
A Few Words About Hot and Sour Soup
The main kick in hot & sour soup comes from garlic, pepper, and lemon. You start making this soup about 15-20 minutes before you want to serve. This is a quick and hazzle-free recipe.
The ingredients for this soup are cabbage, carrot, spring onion,celery, capsicum, green chili, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, corn flour, lemon juice, pepper powder, oil, and salt.
This soup is very healthy and delicious due to the fresh veggies and spices that go into the soup. Sip it hot and enjoy the taste!
For the detailed recipe, here we go!
- 5 tbsp cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp celery, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp green capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion whites, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 2 whole green chilies
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp olive oil or any other oil
- 1/2 tsp or more pepper powder, as per taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Hot and Sour Soup
- Mix corn flour in 1/2 cup water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw whole green chilies into it. Stir-fry for a few seconds or till it changes color. Remove them and discard. This step is to impart hot aroma to the soup.
- Add chopped garlic and sugar. Saute on low fire till garlic gets golden brown.
- Add vegetables one by one except spring onion greens. Saute on medium high fire for two minutes. Add pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour 3 1/2 cups of water. Instead, you can add vegetable stock if you have. Let the mix boil for 4 minutes.
- Now add corn flour mix. Continue boiling for two more minutes or till you get the right consistency.
- Add soy sauce. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- Squeeze lemon juice. Stir it once.
- Hot & Sour soup is ready! Pour it equally into 4 bowls. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens. Enjoy sipping this yummy and refreshing soup!
Nutritional Information of Hot and Sour Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 84 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|