My Favorite Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe For the Beginner or the Pro.
Oh, Mama, You're Going to Love This!
Grab your apron, or not, and get ready to fill the kitchen with the aroma of baked bread coming from the oven. Even if this is your first time making your own bread you've nothing to fear. This recipes is a cinch to follow. You're bound to be a rock star after your friends and family have a hearty slice of goodness made with your own two hands.
And for those who prefer extra sweetness I've included an easy recipe for icing. Now get ready to preheat the oven and let's begin.
Add Orange Juice to Cranberry Nut Bread
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1 large Orange, Grate Skin to Make zest
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk, Low Fat
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melt and Cool Slightly
- 1 large Egg, Beat Lightly
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt, I Use Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Cranberries, Chopped Course
- 1/2 cup Pecans, Chopped Course
Pecans Are Good For the Heart
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or line pan with parchment or foil.
- Stir together orange juice, zest, buttermilk, butter, and egg in small bowl.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry mixture with a rubber spatula until just moistened.
- Gently stir in cranberries and pecans. Do not over mix.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan and spread with rubber spatula into corners of pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees; continue to bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- If using icing, glaze the loaf while still warm and let harden at room temperature.
Perfect Icing for Your Cranberry Nut Bread
Burnt Butter Icing
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp milk
- While the loaf is cooling heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring the pan constantly until the butter is golden brown. This takes about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the butter to a bowl and whisk in the confectioners' sugar and milk.
- Pour all of the icing over the cake and spread to cover.
Raw Cranberries Are Very Low in Saturated Fat
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 06 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 3 g|
|Carbohydrates 32 g||11%|
|Sugar 13 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 17 mg||6%|
|Sodium 264 mg||11%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Grains For Making Bread
Are you a bread lover? For thousands of years bread has been a major part of diets. Bread has been made from all kinds of grains such as:
Some of the most famous quotes and clichés are about bread:
- "Our daily bread".
- " Bread is the staff of life"
- "The best thing since sliced bread".
- We "break bread" when we get together with friends.
- "Bread" is slang for money and was used for money in ancient Egypt where the people who worked on the pyramids were paid in bread.
Homemade Bread is the Best
6 Super Benefits for Making Your Own Bread
Have you thought about the benefits of making bread? Most of us bake because we enjoy the process and the taste but there are other benefits as well:
- You save money over time even though store bought bread can be cheaper.
- Home made bread is healthier without preservatives and additives.
- You know exactly what is in your bread.
- If freshness is important to you it doesn't get any fresher than bread you make.
- For those who can't tolerate gluten it's easy to make your own gluten-free bread.
- Baking is a creative form of self-expression.
Cranberry nut bread is welcome any time of the year. It's especially popular during Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as New Years. Wrap it in saran wrap and add a festive bow to give as a gift.
There's a bit of a baker in all of us. Baking is a good way to reduce stress. When we are focusing on step-by-step specifics we aren't thinking about our troubles and having sad thoughts. Baking is also a wonderful way to get grounded.
Set aside some baking time every now and then and if you're a beginner in the baking department it may be hit-or-miss at first. But don't give up. Keep trying again and again because your reward will be well worth it.
What are your favorite kinds of nuts
Please rate this recipe and thanks!
© 2010 Audrey Hunt