Cranberry Nut Bread Recipes - Delicious Regular and Gluten Free Recipies
A brief background about bread
For thousands of years, bread has been a major part of diets. Bread has been made from all kinds of grains, from the wheat, rye and corn still popular today to barley, oats, rice and other grains few people consume now. Even some of the most famous quotes and clichés are about bread. Our daily bread, bread is the staff of life, the best thing since sliced bread, the list goes on. We break bread when we get together with friends. Bread is slang for money, and was used for money in ancient Egypt, where the people who worked on the pyramids were paid in bread.
Learning to bake bread is a grand adventure that never ends. There are always more recipes and techniques than you will ever have time to try. But that’s a huge part of the fun. The more you bake, and the more you explore and learn about baking, the more you will want to bake. So grab an apron, (or not), wash your hands with hot sudsy water and let's get started.
How to Make Mouth Watering Cranberry Nut Bread
Gather all of these ingrediants together.
1/3 cup orange juice
grated zest from 1 large orange
2/3 cup buttermilk
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg, beaten lightly
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped coarse
1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped coarse
I prefer fresh cranberries to frozen, but either works well.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, or line it with foil or parchment. Stir together orange juice, zest, buttermilk, butter, and egg in small bowl. Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl. Stir liquid ingredients into dry mixture with a rubber spatula until just moistened. Gently stir in cranberries and pecans. Do not overmix.
2. Scrape batter into loaf pan and spread with rubber spatula into corners of pan. Bake 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees; continue to bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool at least 1 hour before serving. If using icing, glaze the loaf while still warm and let harden at room temperature.
Burnt Butter Icing
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp milk
While the loaf is cooling, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swiring the pan constantly, until the butter is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the butter to a bowl and whisk in the confectioners' sugar and milk. Pour all of the icing over the cake and spread to cover.
Buy Bread Pans - good prices
Gluten and Dairy Free Recipe for Cranberry Nut Bread
A delicious recipe and oh so easy to make. And it freezes beautifully.
You will need the following:
½ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoonceltic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup grapeseed oil\
½ cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
1 cup cranberries, frozen or fresh
½ cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl blend eggs, grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla
- Blend dry ingredients into wet, then fold in cranberries and walnuts
- Pour batter into a greased 8.5X 4.5X 2X5 inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes
- Cool and serve
Both of these recipes are indeed mouth watering and welcome any time of the year. They are especially welcome during Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as New Years and make great gifts any time of the year.
What are your favorite kinds of nuts
Fine Quality Mixing Bowl
More Favorite Recipes by vocalcoach
- A Delicious, One-of-a-kind Recipe for Mama's Spanish Rice
Mama's spanish rice certainly wasn't the healthiest recipe, but it was the most delicious, bar none. It is a one-of-a-kind recipe that you will return to again and again.
- Butternut Squash Recipe To Keep You Healthy
Butternut squash is a good source of vitamin C, manganesium and potassion. With these delicious recipes you can make mouth-watering foods.
- 14 Healthy Reasons To Eat Your Cabbage
1.Throughout history cabbage has been harvested for its medicinal purposes. It is high in amino acids and is believed to help those who are suffering from any type of inflammation.Cabbage is low in carbs and high in vitamin c and k. And here are more
- Barramundi Fish - The Healthiest Fish You Can Eat
If you have never sat down to a delicious meal, featuring Barramundi, you are in for a wonderful surprise. Not only is it mouth-watering, it is one of the most nutritious type of fish for your health.
© 2010 Audrey Hunt