- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
How to Make Pumpkin Seeds: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Optional Cajun Seasoning
Make it Smile, and You Will Too!
Pumpkin Seeds Make a Satisfying Snack
Jack O'Lanterns are tradition and fun,
And a surprise snack awaits when the carving's done!
Once you've gutted your pumpkins, pluck the seeds from the gloop and make them into a crunchy, salty, delicious and filling healthy snack! Fun to get and easy to bake, here's a quick recipe for making a snack from the seeds of your pumpkins right at home:
- seeds from 1 carving pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, optional
- preheat over to 325F
- rinse pumpkin seeds well and spread seeds out on a paper towel to dry
- pour vegetable oil in a shallow baking pan
- add dried seeds to pan and stir to coat seeds in oil
- sprinkle salt and seasoning over seeds
- bake for 25 min, stirring once
Let cool and enjoy, storing leftover seeds in an airtight container or plastic bag to snack on anytime!