- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
How to Make Roasted Caulifower and Gruyere
Roasted cauliflower is absolutely fabulous, particularly with Gruyere melted on top. It takes a while to cook, but it is worth the wait.
1 head of cauliflower, washed, leaves removed, and stem cut to the base of the head.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Freshly grated Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the whole head of cauliflower, stem side down, in a covered casserole dish.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the oil over the entire surface of the cauliflower. Season lightly with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil or glass lid. Bake for thirty to forty minutes, until cauliflower reaches desired tenderness.
- Remove lid, sprinkle a good amount of grated Gruyere cheese over the top of the cauliflower. Return to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is completely melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven. Cut into wedges and serve.
One head of cauliflower will serve three to four people.