- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make Spiced Yogurt Potatoes
Look how yummy they are!
This is based on a Simon Rimmer recipe from the BBC website but altered to suit our tastes. His version would have been much spicier and I can't eat anything spicy so we altered it to make it a little milder. They turned out great, so aromatic and creamy. Lovely as an accompaniment for any meal. Can see it working well with steak or a nice chicken breast as well as curries.
Rate this Recipe
- 1Kg New Potatoes, Peeled and cut in half
- 1 large Onion, Finally chopped
- 150ml Natural Yogurt
- 400g Fresh Tomatoes
- 50ml Double Cream
- 2tsp Ground Cumin
- 2tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Lime, Just the zest
- Cooking Oil
- Heat a dash of oil in a large saucepan and add the potatoes. Turn them gently for about 8-10 minutes. Then remove from pan then set aside to cool.
- In the same pan add a little more oil and fry the onions on a low heat. It should take around 10-15 minutes for them to nicely brown.
- Next add all the spices to the onions and stir continuously for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Add the yogurt and tomatoes, and a little Salt and Pepper to taste if you want (although I don't use any). Cover and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- At the very end stir in the cream and lime zest. Leave for a minute to heat through and serve
- Enjoy as a side dish to any number of meals - especially curries!