How to Make The Best Ever Chocolate Cookies, Quick & Easy
The Search for the Best Cookies!
My kids and I spent part of our summer creating and working on the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. We finally finished our task tonight. This is the best and easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe. We decided that it couldn't be too hard to make them from scratch so we started experimenting. We had previously been a mix it and go type of family. I never realized how simple making these from scratch could be. I will have to take pictures next time because they were eaten so fast that there were none left to take pictures of.
The only ingredient that I don't always have in my kitchen is the chocolate chips. I picked up a bag from my local grocery store and we got to baking.
I love my kitchen aid and this is one recipe that my kitchen aid cuts the preparation time in half.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 24 - 30 cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 TBLS vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and corn starch
- Add in chocolate chips, mix thoroughly.
- Spoon about 2 TBLS of mixture on cookie sheets to form cookies. I usually end up with 2 full cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. DO NOT BAKE LONGER!!! They may not look done but trust me they are.
- Let cool & Enjoy!