- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Make An Eggless Vanilla Cake
I am sure most of us have faced a situation where we craved for a cake but have run out of eggs. This cake comes in handy whenever you face a situation like this. Or when you want to have an eggless cake. Here is what you will need and how to make it easily.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 drops of vanilla essence
Instructions for the Cake
- Take a large bowl and sift the flour, the baking powder, and the baking soda. Mix them together with a spatula.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt to this mixture and mix well.
- Add all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix them. You can add the vanilla essence to this.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients bowl, while mixing them togther with a spatula to avoid lumps in the mixture. Taste the batter to make changes if any.
- Preheat the oven on at around 200 degree celsius and lightly grease the cake pan. Mine was around 13 inches in length and about 6 inches in width.
- Take some extre wheat flour to lightly spread around the pan. Take off the excess from the pan.
- Pour the prepared batter in the pan and carefully place it in the hot oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check if the cake is ready by inserting a skewer or a toothpick in the cake. If the cake does not stick to the toothpick, means its ready to be taken out.
- Cool the cake, and enjoy.
This cake is perfect for when you have guests coming over, to have with tea. You can try the cake and ice cream combo. It is absolutely delicious. You would be surprised how good this tastes without the use of eggs and such fewer ingredients. It turns out fluffy and light.
ou can even customize the cake as per your liking. Some suggestions are as follows:
- Cocoa powder to add some color
- Chocolate chips
Hope you try this recipe and love the cake as much as I do.