How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
Quick, Simple, Delicious
The name is enough to put some people off attempting a ganache (french word for 'jowl'). This delicious cake covering is easy to make and has multiple uses. It can be used to cover cakes and fruit or fill croissants. It can also be used to dip biscuits or sweets into and then leave to harden, making a great topping.
Basically its easy and quick to make and will lift any dessert to the next level.
- 200ml Double Cream
- 200g Dark Chocolate, 70% Cocoa Solids minimum
- Heat the cream in a medium sized non stick pan continuously stirring until it is just about to boil and then remove from the heat.
- Break the dark chocolate into the heated cream and leave for a couple of minutes. The chocolate should just start to melt around the edges of the cubes. Stir the mixture gently until the chocolate has melted and the liquid smooth.
- Leave at room temperature stirring occasionally until needed. Leave no more than 2 hours.
- Use for covering a cake or dipping biscuits as a coating. This should then set on whatever you have decided to to use it for