Oreo and Black Russian Pie Dessert Recipe
Coffee and Chocolate Chilled No-Bake Pie
Coffee and chocolate go great together. This recipe is for no-bake pie using chocolate cream filled cookies, coffee liqueur and marshmallows.
This is great garnished with chocolate whipped cream or chocolate. Here are some suggestions:
- To make chocolate whipped cream: Simply beat whipping cream with a little sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Pipe on the pie as desired.
- Shave a bar of chocolate with a vegetable peeler or grate a bar of chocolate with a grater, and decorate the top of the pie with the shavings.
- Melt milk or dark chocolate and drizzle some over the top and let set up before serving.
Cook & Prep Time
Ingredients for Crust and Pie
- 14 each Oreo cookies, or similar style sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 24 each large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk, cold
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Kahlua, or similar coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- For the Crust: Process the cookies in a food processor to make crumbs. Dump the crumbs into a bowl and add in the melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place the crust in the freezer while the filling is being made.
- Melt the marshmallows, milk, and salt together in a double boiler. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- Stir the coffee liqueur into the marshmallow mixture, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm to spreadable, about a half an hour.
- Transfer the pie filling into the chilled pie crust. Place the finished pie in the freezer until the mixture is firm enough to cut.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate, or melt chocolate and drizzle some on the top before serving.