- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Prepare Homemade Pizza
Some of my fondest memories are of my parents and I going to Pizza Delight or Mother Tuckers in Nova Scotia on a Friday night for a hot pizza on a cold evening. When the server brought our speciality order of our family designed pizza I felt like so special. Our own pizza at our table, as other families around the restaurant shared the same experience. Then Pizza Corner in Halifax brought my pizza experience to a new level. More toppings, large slice for two dollars, on a great night of dancing and hanging out with friends, what more can you ask for? After leaving home I made it a little experience to try each pizza place of each town I moved to.
I found hidden treasures in each place I lived, the smallest of pizza’s joints, or a high end restaurant with a personal pizza that knocked your socks off. My favourite so far was a pizza and beer special at a small resort in Tofino, BC, a sour dough pizza crust with caramelized garlic, portabella mushrooms, chicken, and artichokes served with a tall glass of Pale Ale while watching the Ocean’s winter storms crash upon the beach. Again, what more can you ask for? It’s been a journey of trying new styles of pizza and all the pizza joints on corners all have something unique and I look forward to trying each of them as I am presented with the opportunity.
My partner and I love pizza. We are both from the east coast and have fond memories of “Pizza Corner” in Halifax, NS. You might say it’s another comfort food, hot gooey cheese on top of fresh veggies, or whatever you like on your pie!
For our favourite home-made pizza recipe you will need:
1 pre-made pizza crust (any grocery store has many varieties, we like a whole wheat/Flax crust)
½ - ¾ cup of Raw Mariana Sauce
1 chicken breast (chopped in 1” pieces)
2 cups of spinach (chopped)
2 or 3 crimson mushrooms (sliced)
1 clove of garlic (1/2 diced and minced, ½ sliced thinly)
½ cup parsley (chopped and minced)
½ jalapeno pepper (chopped)
1 – 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of your favourite kind of Bar-Ba-Que Sauce
½ cup of Light Marble Cheese
· Pre-Heat Oven at 415 degrees F
· Cook chicken in olive oil with ½ of garlic
· While Chicken is cooking place the pre-made pizza crust on counter and spread the raw marina sauce over the surface.
· Place sliced mushrooms around the edges of the pizza crust and through-out the middle of crust as well.
· Place thinly sliced garlic over the pizza
· Spread chopped spinach all over pizza crust
· After chicken is cooked place in small bowl and toss barbeque sauce over chicken
· Place chicken on top of spinach
· Place jalapeno pepper over
· Spread shredded marble cheese on top
· Spread parsley on top (looks nice and tastes great as well)
Cook for 15 minutes maybe a few minutes more for cheese to bubble.
Take out, let stand for 5 minutes, cut into 8 slices and enjoy!