How to Salvage Uneaten Fruit
To Make Fruits Palatable
Everyone knows the old adage: 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'. Apples, among other fruits, are a great source of vitamins and nutrients required for our existence. The thing is, while we all know that fruit such as apples are healthy for us, some of us find it difficult to consume such good nutritious food. While things may be healthy, they don't necessarily mean tasty. Not to mention, sometimes we buy an overabundance of fruits which often go to waste, or it's just a lot easier to eat a chocolate rather than an apple. However, we can save our fruit and money from the rubbish bin by concocting a simple dessert that makes fruit taste great as well.
- 4 apples, diced
- 50g white sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1tbsp flour
- 57g butter, softened and cubed
- Place apples in a bowl with brown sugar. Toss so the apples are coated evenly with the sugar.
- Next, place apples in a baking dish with chunks of butter. Mix so that the butter are dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Stir together white sugar and flour together in a bowl and cover the apple mixture.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes, or until the apples are golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!