How to Cook Chicken Breast With Bacon Topping - Easy Dinner Recipe for Your Family
This is a recipe I've learned a few years ago from a very dear friend and talented cook. I changed it here and there to suit my taste and I've enjoyed it almost weekly ever since. I confess it is my go to recipe whenever I need to impress dinner guests, but have little time for more complex dishes.
If you enjoy pork, but you tend to avoid it because you think it's way too fat, this roast chicken recipe is ideal. Eat the lean chicken breast and enjoy the pork taste at the same time! :)
And you get the chance to end the chicken vs. bacon debate!
Here is one easy to prepare chicken & bacon recipe, suited for a dinner alone or with your family. The taste will earn it a place on your weekly menu. Try it and prove me wrong!
This is what you need
- one frying pan suitable for oven
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 tb chili flakes
- 1 tb oregano
- 1/2 tb sea salt
- 1/2 tb freshly ground black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves - lightly crushed (see video)
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tb olive oil for coating + 3 tb for frying
- 1 butter cube
This is Jamie Oliver preparing garlic. Why is this important? I once asked an Italian chef about the secret of the Italian cuisine. He only said one word: garlic!
This is how you do it
- we heat the oven at 200o C / 392o F
- we put the chili flakes and oregano in a bowl and then add the 2 tb of olive oil, we add the chicken pieces and we make sure they are well soaked - we put the bowl aside
- take a large frying pan and add the other 3 tb of olive oil and the butter cube
- when the olive oil and the butter cube are well heated, we add the garlic
- after no more than 1 minute we add the chicken breasts cut in half
- we fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes making sure it is well fried on both sides
- we add the cherry tomatoes and let them fry for 2 minutes
- we add two bacon slices on every chicken breast half and we put the frying pan in the oven
- we leave it for 15 minute inside the oven
It can be served with green salad, onion and tomatoes.
Chicken vs. Bacon debate: Who wins?
© 2018 Alexa R