- Food and Cooking
How to cook tomato rice: Easy and quick recipe
This delicious tomato rice recipe is my all time favorite. It is easy and quick yet very tasty. You can reuse your left over boiled rice through this recipe or make it from scratch. It is great.
Boiled rice 1 cup
Tomatoes 3 (medium size, chopped)
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Green chilies 2, nicely chopped
Salt to taste
Red chili powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp (optional)
Oil 2 tbsp
- Add 2 tbsp oil in cooking pan
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and sauté them
- When you feel nice aroma of cumin seeds add chopped tomatoes.
- When tomatoes get tenders add boiled rice, salt ( be careful of adding salt as boiled rice also contains salt), red chili powder, turmeric powder and green chilies
- Mix them well. Don’t turn off you stove during mixing.
- Your delicious tomato rice are ready
You can add boiled chicken and vegetables like carrots, cabbage and boiled peas to make it more attractive and tasty.