Best Tiramisu Recipe For Dessert
The recipe we offer is that of a spoon dessert prepared throughout Italy and beyond.
If you are wondering how to prepare the perfect tiramisu, here is the answer:
First of all, to make it following the most classic recipe you will need biscuits such as ladyfingers, liqueur, coffee, eggs, sugar, bitter cocoa and mascarpone, for which we recommend the use of that Saint Lucia.
With these ingredients and following our suggestions you will be able to give life to the most famous dessert of Italian pastry.
Did you know that March 21 is Tiramisù Day and in 2019 Galbani has made the longest tiramisu in the world , entering the Guinness World Record ?
Table of content
- History of Tiramisu
- How To Prepare Tiramisu?
- Variants Of Tiramisu
- Tips & Tricks
- Video of Tiramisu
History of Tiramisu
The tiramisu recipe is not present in cookbooks prior to the sixties of the twentieth century . This allows us to assume that tiramisu, as we know it now, is a recent invention. A further element is the failure to identify the dessert in the encyclopedias and dictionaries of the seventies and eighties. The Sabatini Coletti dictionary of the Italian language traces the first mention of the name to 1980.
HOW TO PREPARE TIRAMISU?
To obtain the best result, it is important to adopt two small tricks:
- Half an hour before starting the procedure, take the Mascarpone Santa Lucia out of the refrigerator.
- The eggs should be at room temperature.
- 6 medium eggs
- 500 gm of Mascarpone Santa Lucia Galbani
- 150 gm of sugar
- 8 cups of cold coffee, prepared with mocha
- 50 g of liqueur to taste
- sifted bitter cocoa
- Salt, taste
- First of all divide the yolks from the whites and put them in two different bowls. Add 70 g of sugar to the yolks and, with the help of whips or an electric mixer, mix everything well until it is light and frothy.
- Now add the Mascarpone Santa Lucia and work the mixture until obtaining a smooth and frothy cream.
- Now whisk the egg whites, which must be of a very dense and solid consistency. Begin to work the egg whites alone until they are half-whipped. At this point, gradually add the 70 g of sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Once you reach the right consistency, add the other part of the mixture containing the yolks and mascarpone. It is important that you do this very gently, incorporating everything from the bottom up, so that the egg whites do not lose their softness. Pour everything into a piping bag and put it in the fridge to rest.
- Mix the 10g of remaining sugar with the coffee liqueur and with the cold coffee to make the bagna that will be used to soak the biscuits.
- Assemble your tiramisu: take a small baking dish and spread it in a layer of cold cream, then cover it with a layer of ladyfingers soaked in the bath. Cover with another layer of cream, then with one of ladyfingers and so on until all the ingredients are used up. Put the cake in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle the surface with the bitter cocoa powder.
DIFFERENT VARIANTS AND WAYS TO PREPARE IT:
There are really many ways and variations to make tiramisu .
In addition to the classic recipe, the backbone of Italian cuisine, you can create different and delicious versions, such as the one with strawberries. For those who do not prefer the taste of coffee, it is possible to depart from the more classic version and pack a summer dessert in this way. The procedure for making tiramisu is the same, simply soak the biscuits in the strawberry syrup and place them in a rectangular mold and then alternate them, in layers, with the mascarpone cream.
Another greedy way to revisit this recipe is to add chocolate chips to the cream, or to immediately create a dark chocolate cream., for an even more decisive touch. You can give free rein to your imagination, also thinking of a pistachio tiramisu, where the mascarpone cream will be stuffed with pistachios and sesame oil, for an exquisite result.
The typical recipe would be that of tiramisu with eggs but, those who want a tasty dessert with a more delicate taste, can try the version without eggs , that is, the one that plans to create a cream by combining mascarpone and whipped cream delicately in a bowl for a creamy and inviting flavor.
You can easily create your own version of tiramisu also using custard, or egg-free biscuits instead of ladyfingers, sponge cake for greater compactness or, if you decide to do this sweet during the Christmas holidays , pandoro or panettone.
Once you have learned how to prepare tiramisu, you can also serve it in small portions for two or in round or rectangular molds to then obtain various slices, at your convenience.
Tips & Trics
There are a few simple tricks that will guarantee you an amazing and delicious result. First of all, choose the biscuits for your tiramisu well; in fact, they must be soft and flat in order to absorb the coffee and maintain a soft consistency.
6 medium eggs and 500 g of mascarpone are the doses for 6 people but, if you want to make a smaller tiramisu, just halve the doses.
The cream tiramisu then should not be too thin or disconnected , it is important to mount well the egg whites with a whisk, so as to ensure creaminess and frothiness.
It is preferable to make coffee with the mocha , since the soluble one has a less decisive taste. Once ready, let it cool and stretch it with a little water and dip the biscuits quickly, to prevent them from becoming too soft or even flaking.
If you are wondering which liqueur to use in tiramisu, to give the egg and mascarpone cream a more delicious taste, we suggest adding a little Marsala liqueur or, in the case of strawberry tiramisu, a drop of limoncello in the syrup. For a tasty recipe that is also suitable for children * you can add a few drops of orange essence to the cream.
Finally, be careful to cover it with strictly bitter cocoa, in order to create a delicious contrast with the sweetness of the cream. For an optimal result, pass the cocoa through a sieve before sprinkling it on the tiramisu.
Remember that tiramisu should be served cold, and therefore you must leave it to rest in the fridge for at least a couple of hours to reach the ideal temperature.
Rating the Recipe
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Nobab