How to Make Bhindi Masala
Bhindi Masala is one of my favorite dishes. Even those who don’t like lady's finger or bhindi will like this dish. Bhindi masala is basically sauted bhindi or lady's finger with cumin seeds & powdered spices. This dish tastes delicious with chapattis and dal or curd. It is easy to make and don’t take much time.
Ingredients for Bhindi Masala
- Lady's finger or bhindi 500 grams
- Cooking Oil 4 tablespoons
- Onions sliced 2 large
- Green chillies slit 3-4
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt according to taste
- Dried mango powder or amchur 1/2 teaspoon
- Properly wash and dry the bhindi (lady's finger). You can also wipe the bhindi with a wet cloth so that it becomes dry. Cut both the ends of bhindi. Now cut bhindi into two inch long pieces by slitting the pieces horizontally without cutting them into two.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan or kadai and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds change colour or start to crackle, add the sliced onions and saute till they are light golden. Now add the green chillies and saute for a minute.
- Add the bhindi in the pan and sprinkle the red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder over it. Mix it well. Cook the bhindi over low heat while stirring it occasionally.
- Add the salt and amchur to it. When the bhindi is almost cooked, increase the heat and cook for two minutes so that the bhindi becomes crisp. Serve it hot with chapattis or naan along with dal or curd.
- Always choose tender bhindi as it gets cooked faster and tastes better.
- Always wash the bhindi and wipe it dry before chopping.
- Use the suggested quantity of cooking oil as oil helps to get rid of the sticky substance of bhindi.
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 10 g|
|Carbohydrates 27 g||9%|
|Sugar 5 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 26 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Bhindi Masala Recipe
© 2018 Shaloo Walia