Beetroot Biscuit Cake recipe
About Beetroot Biscuit Cake
We all love cakes and especially when New year and Christmas are around the corner. But sometimes, especially for working mothers making cake becomes tiring . So here I bring to you a healthier version of cake which is easy to make and takes only 7-8 minutes cooking time. Biscuits and Cookies are readily available in the market and you can choose any biscuit of your choice. I have chosen healthier options of the biscuits to keep the calories limited so that anyone can enjoy it guilt free. Adding beetroot to the cake not only gives it a beautiful color but also enhances its flavor and taste while providing nutrition to the body. So, let's start making this wonderful cake which is a fusion of taste and health.
- 4 cups Biscuits (oats , whole wheat , chocolate etc.), grinded
- 2 cups warm milk
- Beetroot, grinded
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- a pinch baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- one tablespoon Olive oil
- handful Berries for Decoration
- In a bowl add grind biscuits or cookies and pour warm milk on the top stir well until smooth paste is formed.
- Then add honey and beetroot puree . Mix well.
- Next sieve in cocoa powder and add olive oil . Mix well.
- Add inch of baking soda and baking powder.
- Grease a non -stick microwave friendly bowl with olive oil and then add the cake batter into the bowl.
- Set Microwave on high and cook the cake for 7-8 minutes.
- To check whether the cake is done or not insert a tooth pick deep inside the cake . If the tooth pick comes out clean that means the cake is ready to serve.
- You can add some fresh/ canned berries on the top of the cake and serve.
This cake is surely a treat to taste buds and is much healthier than regular cakes. It does not require butter or eggs hence can be enjoyed even by vegetarians. You can add anything of your choice to the cake and make it fit your requirements. If you are a weight watcher then you can also add oats , buckwheat and whey protein to add some extra nutrition to the dish. Just make this simple dish and let everyone know your love for them.