- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Chicken Masala? (The Indian style recipe)
Indian style chicken masala
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
Yields: Serves four to six plates
- 500 gms chicken, pieces
- 2 tbps red chilly powder
- 2 tbps turmeric powder
- 1 tbp coriander powder
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbps ginger-garlic, in a paste
- 4 tbps curd
- 1 tbp black pepper, grounded
- 4 tbps cooking oil
- lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1 tbp coriander leaves (parsley), chopped for garnish
- 3 green chillies
- For chicken marination: marinate the chicken pieces in 1 tbp chilly powder, 1 tbp turmeric powder, 4 tbps curd, 1 tbps ginger-garlic paste and salt (according to your taste). Leave it for an hour.
- In a kadai (thick circular deep cooking pot like a wok), add cooking oil and the sliced onions on medium heat. Fry the onions till crunchy brown. Add chopped green chillies.
- Add 1 tbp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbp red chilly powder, 1 tbp turmeric powder, 1 tbp coriander powder and stir continuously for a minute.
- Now add the marinated chicken piece into the kadai masala, add tomatoes, 1tbps grounded black pepper.
- Leave it for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to cook completely.(tip: add 200 ml water if you require gravy)
- Garnish using 1 tbp coriander leaves and lemon, serve hot!
Did you like this recipe?