- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Herbs & Spices
How to make Chicken and Prawn Curry with Basmati Rice
The chicken and shrimp curry with basmati rice is a traditional Indian dish. The chicken and shrimp curry along with basmati rice flavored with onion and cloves, can be prepared at a special dinner, maybe with friends: it is a dish that will not disappoint anyone!
- 600 grams Chicken, small pieces
- 350 grams Shrimp, peeled
- 2 tbs Curry Powder
- 10 tbs Olive oils
- 2 stalks Celery
- 1 and half Onions
- 2 Garlic
- 200 grams Yogurt
- 2 Carrots
- Salt to taste
- 5 Cloves
How to prepare
- In a large saucepan pour 6 tablespoons of oil, add the chicken which is cut into cubes of about 2.5 cm to the side and let it cook for 10 minutes (until the liquid from the meat starts drying out).
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and the garlic and carrots peeled beforehand, and add everything to the pan along with the chicken and let it fry on low heat for another 10 minutes. At this point add two tablespoons of curry powder, then stir to mix well and cook for another 10 minutes, adding small amount of hot water when needed.
- With cloves tucked into the onions(as shown as in picture) put it to sizzle for 2-3 minutes in a pan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the basmati rice, toast and then add warm salt water, a little at a time until the rice is cooked.
- When the chicken is tender, add the peeled shrimp, cook for two minutes and then add the yogurt, stir to dissolve and mix it with the other ingredients, and turn off the heat when the dressing is thick.
- Using circular molds, create rings of rice in the center of the serving plate , place all around the chicken and shrimp curry, placing a little gravy on rice also. Serve immediately.