How to make Coffee Cream Delight | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a recipe from my Mom, Dorothy’s book “The Cupboard Drawer” as a coffee lover myself, this one hits a special spot. Now having said that I should give you full disclosure, I’m not a latte or flavored coffee fan, I like my coffee, black and hot. I’d rather have a cup of Folgers than the spiced specialty brews that have become so popular. But when you move into the world of desserts and treats that are cold I give some latitude. Hope you enjoy this one.
Coffee Cream Delight
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
¼ Cup Cold Water
2 Cups Strong Coffee (yum), Brewed and Hot
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Heavy Cream
Chopped Nuts (amount Variable depending on your taste)
- In a mixing bowl whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, soak the gelatin in the cold water for about 5 Mins, add the coffee, and sugar, and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Cool until the mixture begins to thicken; fold in 1 Cup of the Whipped Cream and the Vanilla.
- Rinse your mold in cold water and pour mixture into the mold; Chill until firm.
- Un-mold and serve topped with the remaining whipped Cream sprinkle with chopped nuts. (A Drizzle of Chocolate Sauce is a nice variation as well)
Yield is 8-12 servings.