- Food and Cooking
How to make Egg Parotta?
Are you looking for lovely and hearty breakfast idea? Then this is the right recipe for you, the presentation of this wonderful dish will make everyone to ask more.
Parotta is a famous south Indian dish.You can find it anywhere. It is available from roadside hotel to top class restaurant. It is the most parceled item in these restaurants. There are number of dishes made from parotta. Among them, egg parotta is a prominent one. Egg parotta is a famous dish and Yummiest dish in south India. It can be served as breakfast or dinner. It is a combination of parotta, spices and beaten egg. The spicy and tangy egg mixture is mixed along with the parotta and turns the dish into a delicious egg Parotta recipe.
- based on serves Parota dough or parotta
- Tomatoes, chopped finely
- Eggs, one for every 2 parotta
- Coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Onions, chopped finely
- Green chilly, chopped finely
- Salt, to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
How to prepare parotta dough?
- Mix the flour and salt well in a large bowl
- Now add oil and mix well
- Add warm water slowly and knead the dough
- Separate dough into balls and cover it with a foil paper for 15 minutes
- Now roll the dough in your palms and press to create a flat circle
- With a rolling pin, roll all the balls into a flat disc and tawa it with oil
- Cook on both the sides and cover it for a few minutes
How to prepare Egg Parotta?
Now prepare the mixture for egg Parota
1. In a large pan add 2 tsp oil and saute the finely chopped onions, tomatoes until cooked well.
2. Now add two eggs and other Dry powders of turmeric, pepper and cumin powder. Saute well
3. After its cooked cut parotta into pieces and mix along with the mixture.
4. Remember not to cook for too long as it may take away the warmness and makes the dish dry
Usually, restaurants serve egg parotta with salna(south Indian gravy ),chicken,mutton and beef gravies. You can use any variety of gravy as you wish. Thereafter, do not walk for a hotel. Prepare at your home and taste it.
- You can make a square or rectangular egg parottas instead of round shapes.
- Use butter instead of oil as a taste enhancer.
- Add a little butter bits or chat masala before serving.
- Serve immediately else it will become dry.
- Serve fresh onion, tomatoes and carrots.