- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make Homemade Chicken Parmesan
This is one of my boyfriends favorite dishes. I put this recipe together and I have to say it was awesome. I never knew chicken parmesan tasted soo good. Making your own homemade tomato sauce can be healthier and makes the dish taste even better.
- 4 (6 to 7 ounces each) chicken breast halve, boneless and skinless
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tomatoes, puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 box spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente
- mozzarella cheese
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté until onions are soft and golden. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and sugar. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until sauce thickens.
*You can make this sauce 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm sauce on stove top before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the chicken side by side on a cutting board.and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them. Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/2- inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with sea salt and pepper.
- Get the ingredients together to bread the chicken and put in an assembly line. Beat egg in a wide bowl and dip the chicken breast. Place bread crumbs in a plate and coat the chicken on both sides. Place chicken breasts in a lightly/greased baking dish. Drip olive oil on top of chicken and place in preheated oven. Bake for 10 minutes and flip chicken and and place in oven until cooked. When done add mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top of chicken. Serve with spaghetti noodles and sauce.
Other Recipes from this Publisher
Please post your Chicken Parmesan Comments, Tips, Questions or Suggestions Below Now.