- Food and Cooking
How to make your very own Maja Blanca!
Maja Blanca is a coconut pudding, made from coconut milk and cornstarch it is a sweet and tasty Filipino dessert.
The word maja blanca literally means white delicacy mainly eaten during fiestas and Christmas celebrations in the Philippines that's what makes maja a famous dessert and a part of Filipino cuisine, so instead of going to the Philippines to try it out, I found a better idea...
why not let the maja blanca come to you! :)
This is how to make your very own Corn Maja Blanca,
You can follow this step and instead of adding corn add something like pineapple!
This is what you'll need in order to make your maja:-
- 1 can of cream corn (or pineapple if you want to make a pineapple flavoured maja)
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of sugar (although this is optional but makes it sweet!)
Now you have your ingredients this is how you do it:-
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot or saucepan making sure every ingredient is well combined.
- Turn on to low heat
- Continue stirring until your maja becomes thick and hard to mix/stirr.
- Then transfer onto a serving tray then top with grated cheese
- Let the temperature cool down
- Then refrigerate.
Like I said above, you can add other ingredients instead of corn for example pineapple or black currents, or you can eat it plain personally I like it with black currents, but what ever your choice is it's up to you!
And now your maja is ready to serve! Enjoy!