How To Make Very Yummy Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe
Spicy Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe - Introduction
I would like to contribute Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe, which is another healthy and delicious recipe to try.
Health benefits for Mushroom
Some of the key Mushroom Health benefits are :
Helps in immune system functioning
- Natural antibiotics beta-glucans and polysaccharides can regulate body's immune system. Antioxidant called ergothioneine in mushrooms can boost immune system and provide essential support or protection from free radicals (toxins that comes as byproduct from our metabolism).
- Maintaining better health on skin might be possible due to selenium presence. Still more study to be done on this health, the research suggests.
- Presence of protein, selenium, copper are essential for healthy hair. Because of selenium presence, dandruff prevention is also possible.
- Iron presence in mushroom that could promote formation of RBC (red blood cells) which could help in treating Anemia caused by Iron deficiency.
- Recent study found that mushrooms can keep your tummy full for longer duration. Mushroom could be a replacement for all meat takers.
Controls blood sugar level
- Mushroom contains low levels of carbs and protein content is high. Hence they are low glycemic food. Eating low glycemic food could help control blood sugar levels and might prevent getting Type 2 diabetes. A study suggests that certain compounds in mushroom might help in proper functioning of liver, pancreas and other endocrine glands. Hence promoting the formation of insulin throughout the body.
- The high lean protein in mushroom might help burn cholesterol when they are digested. Mushroom contains certain enzymes that can help reduce cholesterol levels. Eventually this might help in prevention of various cardiovascular diseases like stroke and heart attack.
- Improves Vitamin D levels in your body
Delicious Spicy Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style recipe
- 400 grams Mushrooms, (halved)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice, (soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained)
- Refined oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 green Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 2 (1 inch) Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 big Onions, (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes, (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- 2 cups Water
- In mixer or a blender put,1/2 big onion chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1 cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, ¼ cup coriander leaves, ½ cup mint leaves, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste. This is called Biriyani Masala.
- Switch on the flame and heat the cooker. Pour 2-3 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil
- Once the oil is heated, add 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cardamom and fry it.
- Put the 1½ chopped onions in ingredients. Fry them until Onions become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add 1 chopped tomato in to it.
- Fry till the tomatoes get smashed. Then add the masala paste (that we have ground), turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder in the cooker and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Then saute these ingredients for 5 to 7 minutes or so.
- When the oil is separated this signs, the masala is nicely cooked.
- Now it’s time to add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Stir the mushrooms well and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add basmati rice in the cooker and pour required quantity of water.
- Note: Add extra salt and chili powder if needed at this stage and mix well.
- Close the lid and allow the cooker to give 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait till the pressure is released.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with Raita or any curry.
- If you need to cook this recipe, using Electric cooker then follow the below instructions.
- Take a separate pan and proceed the instructions till Step 11.
- In electric cooker, pour water, put rice and the prepared mushroom masala.
- Mix all off them well and cook as per your electric cooker cooking timings for rice.
Nutrition facts for Mushroom
For 96gm of Mushrooms
3.1 (includes 1.9 g of sugar)
Vitamin C (mg)
Vitamin D (mg)
Folate (mcg DFE)
Need to be up-to-date ?
Want to get automatic updates when I post new article ?
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha