How to make Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe
Spicy Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe - Introduction
I would like to contribute Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style Recipe, which is another healthy and delicious recipe to try.
Some of Mushroom Health benefits are :
- Helps in immune system functioning
- Good replacement for Red meat
- Supports Improved nutrition
- Supports better diet quality
- Improves Vitamin D levels in your body
Delicious Spicy Mushroom Biriyani Indian Style recipe
- 400 grams Mushrooms, (halved)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice, (soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained)
- Refined oil
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 green Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 2 (1 inch) Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 big Onions, (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes, (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ½ cup Mint leaves
- 2 cups Water
- In mixer or a blender put,1/2 big onion chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1 cardamom, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, ¼ cup coriander leaves, ½ cup mint leaves, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste. This is called Biriyani Masala.
- Switch on the flame and heat the cooker. Pour 2-3 tablespoon of oil and heat the oil
- Once the oil is heated, add 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cardamom and fry it.
- Put the 1½ chopped onions in ingredients. Fry them until Onions become golden brown.
- When the onions have turned golden brown, add 1 chopped tomato in to it.
- Fry till the tomatoes get smashed. Then add the masala paste (that we have ground), turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder in the cooker and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Then saute these ingredients for 5 to 7 minutes or so.
- When the oil is separated this signs, the masala is nicely cooked.
- Now it’s time to add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Stir the mushrooms well and allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add basmati rice in the cooker and pour required quantity of water.
- Note: Add extra salt and chili powder if needed at this stage and mix well.
- Close the lid and allow the cooker to give 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait till the pressure is released.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with Raita or any curry.
- If you need to cook this recipe, using Electric cooker then follow the below instructions.
- Take a separate pan and proceed the instructions till Step 11.
- In electric cooker, pour water, put rice and the prepared mushroom masala.
- Mix all off them well and cook as per your electric cooker cooking timings for rice.
Need to be up-to-date ?
Want to get automatic updates when I post new article ?
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha