Quick and Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe for Dessert
What is Key Lime Pie?
Key Lime Pie is a pie made with the sumptuous flavours of lime, condensed mlik and cream.
Sharp and mellow all at once, key lime pie is a favourite dessert or morning and afternoon tea dish that gets requested at every event.
- 4 Egg Yolks, separated
- 1 (395g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Sweet Pastry Flan Shell
- 250 mls Whipped Cream, for serving
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 140° Celcius or 285° Fahrenheit.
- Separate the egg yolks and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and the lime juice to the egg yolks and mix with a whisk for five minutes.
- Pour the lime mixture into the pastry shell.
- Bake at 140 ° Celcius or 285 ° Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Chill until serving. Top with fresh whipped cream.
Have you made Key Lime Pie before?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Sunnylisa