How to make a Lime-Chocolate Pie | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a recipe that is a real sweetie from crust to topping. As you read the ingredients you will feel the sweet waves of delight rush through your body, generating undulating waves of anticipation of the sheer creamy, thick and sticky delight as it flows over your lips and holds your quivering tongue millimeters away from the roof of your anticipating mouth; washing your taste buds in a crescendo of pure thick ecstasy as it dissolves off the firm and sharp tines of the fork, richness spent in the passionate release of Chocolate, Marshmallow Cream and Lime…
16 ea (1/2 Cup) of crushed Oreo cookies
½ cup flaked Coconut
2 Tbsp Butter (No stinking Margarine here)
3 Egg Yolks
1 (14 oz) can sweet condensed milk
2 envelopes (4 oz ttl) pre-melted unsweetened Chocolate product
1/3 Cup Lime Juice
3 Egg Whites
1 7 oz Jar Marshmallow Cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs, coconut and butter mix well
- Press in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate,
- Bake in a pre heated 375 deg oven for 8 min. set aside to cool reset temp of oven to 350 deg
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with your mixer set on high for approx 4 mins or until think and lemon colored. Add Condensed milk, chocolate, and lime juice. Beat until well combined and smooth. Pour into pie crust.
- Wash the beaters thoroughly before this next step. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form (tips will curl), gradually add marshmallow cream, beating until stiff peaks form (those little tips will stand up straight in anticipation). Spread the Meringue covering the filling with its pale sweetness, and sealing the edges of the crust.
- Bake in the 350 deg oven for 12 to 15 mins or until the meringue is just turning golden. Cool for 3-5 mins on a wire rack.
- Chill 1-3 hours before serving.
Adult warning: Use this treat carefully and make sure you are with your huny when you eat it. I can tell you with a certainty children have been conceived because of this pie! Enjoy! Viva Lime! Viva Chocolate! Viva Love!!
Recipe 65 "The Cupboard Drawer" all rights reserved, 2009