- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
How to make a 'Tequila Sunrise' cocktail
Rate the 'Tequila Sunrise' cocktail.
Designed to look like a morning sunrise, this cocktail is a strong-but-sweet cocktail containing similar ingredients to that of a margarita.
The 'Tequila Sunrise' cocktail
- Long cocktail glass
- Standard shot measures
- 2 shots (standard 25ml shot measure) Gold Tequila
- 1 shot (standard 25ml shot measure) Cointreau
- A drizzle Strawberry Syrup
- Ice, Cubes
- A glassful Orange Juice
- Lime, (to decorate)
How to make the Tequila Sunrise
- Fill the glass almost to the rim with ice cubes.
- Add the 2 shots of gold tequila.
- Add the shot of cointreau.
- Top up the glass with orange juice until a few cms off being full.
- Stir well to mix the alcohol evenly through the drink.
- Pour in the drizzle of strawberry syrup to create the sunrise effect.
- Cut a circle of lime. Cut a slit into the centre of the lime and place this on the rim of the glass as decoration.
- Add a few straws for decoration.
How to make an 'Acapulco Passion' cocktail
- Quick Cocktail Recipe; How to make an Acapulco Passion
Named after a beach-side town in Mexico, this is the perfect summer cocktail.
Another of my cocktail recipe hubs...
- A Refreshing Mojito Cocktail Recipe (and tasty variations)
A recipe for a classic refreshing Mojito cocktail, as well as a few tasty variations.