How to Make Aloo and Daal Ki Tikki?
The winter season is finally here and there is a slight chill in the air. Winter season is the perfect time to relish some hot,fried snacks with piping hot coffee or tea.
Aloo tikki is a popular North Indian snack which is basically spicy, crisp potato patties. Aloo tikkis are quite easy to prepare and use very few ingredients and are bursting with flavor. Here’s one easy and quick recipe of aloo and daal ki tikki which you can prepare at home and enjoy at any time:
- 500 gm boiled and mashed, potatoes
- 3 slices of white bread
- Salt and red chilli according to taste
- 1/4th tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1/2 cup chana dal/ split Bengal gram, (parboiled)
- 1-2 Green chilllies, (finely chopped)
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice
- few leaves of Coriander, (finely chopped)
- Soak the bread slices in water, take them out and squeeze the water. Now crumble the bread slices in a flat dish or plate.
- Take boiled potatoes and mash them properly. There should not be any lumps. Mix it with the bread crumbs.
- Now add chana dal, finely chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and finely chopped chilies in the mixture.
- Spice the mixture by adding cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and red chili powder.
- Mix the spices well.
- Now shape the mixture into round flat patties.
- Heat a tawa or flat bottomed pan and put some cooking oil on it. Gently place the tikkis on the pan and fry till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Now turn over and fry the other side. Fry the tikkis on a low-medium flame.
- When the tikkis are done, then place the aloo tikkis on paper towel to drain extra oil.
- Serve the aloo tikki hot with chutney or sauce. You can also serve aloo tikki with chole masala and curd along with tamarind chutney.
|Calories from Fat||405|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 45 g||69%|
|Carbohydrates 290 g||97%|
|Protein 85 g||170%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Aloo Tikki with Chana Dal Stuffing Recipe
© 2018 Shaloo Walia