How to Make Aloo Bonda?
It’s been drizzling since morning and so it’s the perfect weather to indulge in some fried snacks with hot tea. So I decided to make aloo bonda for evening tea. It’s an easy and quick recipe which is very delicious too.
Aloo bonda or potato bonda is a very famous evening snack, popular in Mumbai and South India. Aloo bonda is basically round ball of mashed and spiced potatoes dipped in besan (gram flour) batter and deep fried. It is very crisp, spicy and yummy and to eat. Serve the aloo bonda with mint or tamarind chutney and a cup of filter coffee or tea as a tea time snack.Now let’s have a look at how to make aloo bonda.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 21 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 330 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- 2 large Boiled, Mashed Potatoes
- 1-2 finely chopped Green Chilies
- 1 finely chopped medium sized onion
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Coriander(dhania) leaves
- 1 cup gram flour or besan
- Salt according to taste
- Red chili powder according to taste
- 1/4th tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
How to make aloo bonda:
- Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them properly.
- Now add finely chopped onions, salt, chili powder, garam masala, coriander leaves, and green chilies to the mashed potatoes. Mix well so that the spices are evenly mixed in the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, take a cup of besan (gram flour). Add turmeric powder, little salt and chili powder to the besan. Add little water bit by bit to the besan and mix with hand to make a smooth, consistent batter which is neither too thick nor too watery. Take care that lumps are not formed.
- Make small round balls of potato mixture.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep frying pan or kadai.
- Dip each potato ball in the batter and deep fry them till it’s golden. Brown from all sides.
- Drain aloo bondas on paper towel or tissue to drain excess oil.
- Serve aloo bonda hot with coriander or tamarind chutney/ tomato ketchup.
You can also make no onion no garlic version. Just skip the onion from the recipe.
Aloo Bonda Recipe | Potato Bonda | Evening snack Recipes
© 2018 Shaloo Walia