How to Make Aloo Matar Paneer?
Paneer dishes are quite popular among the vegetarians. Aloo matar paneer is a common dish which is cooked at home in which potatoes, green peas and cottage cheese is cooked in a gravy of onions and tomatoes. This dish is a delicious mix of flavours, tastes and textures in each bite. This is a main course dish and can be served with any Indian bread like parantha, roti, poori, phulka or even naan and tandoori roti.
- Potatoes washed and peeled 2 medium
- Green peas shelled 1 cup
- Paneer (or cottage cheese) 100 grams
- Onions 2-3 medium
- Ginger 1 piece
- Garlic 6-8 cloves
- Cooking Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 2 teaspoons
- Salt according to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh tomato puree 3/4 cup
- Roasted peanuts paste 2 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Grind garlic and ginger. Then make a separate paste of onions by grinding them in a grinder. Cut thin cubes of potatoes.
- Heat cooking oil in a nonstick pan or kadai. Add cumin seeds and sauté till they turn light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the pan and sauté till it is lightly brown. Then add onion paste to it and sauté while stirring frequently till it turns light brown.
- Add potato cubes, salt according to taste, turmeric powder and mix.
- Add ¼ cup of water to it and mix well. Cover the pan and cook till potatoes are almost done. Add coriander powder and red chilli powder and mix thoroughly.
- Cut paneer or cottage cheese into small cubes and keep it aside. (I like to pan sear it with a spray of oil, some like it raw.)
- Add green peas to the pan and mix. Cover and cook till all the vegetables are done.
- Add tomato puree to the pan and mix. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peanut paste and stir well.
- Add paneer to it and mix. Sprinkle garam masala powder over the dish and serve hot with roti.
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 28 g||9%|
|Sugar 9 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|Cholesterol 24 mg||8%|
|Sodium 11 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Aloo Matar Paneer - Sanjeev Kapoor's Kitchen
© 2018 Shaloo Walia