How to Make Golden Oats Biscuits / Cookies
Golden Oats Biscuit Recipe
How to make Golden Oats biscuits / cookies.
These biscuits are scrumptious, very easy to make and reasonably healthy.
Note. In this recipe I have used dried blueberries, as you will see in Variations and Additions below.
- 75grams / 3 ounces Rolled Oats
- 75grams / 3 ounces Self Raising Flour
- 75grams / 3 ounces Caster Sugar
- 75grams / 3 ounces Butter, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Milk, Full Cream
Note on Flour
I personally use Plain Flour and ADD 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder to 75 grams of plain flour. This turns it into Self Raising Flour.
If doubling the mixture add 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder to 150 grams of plain flour.
- Preheat Electric Oven to 180 degrees C. or 375 F ( Moderate ).
- Sift self raising Flour into a large bowl, add sugar and oats, mix together until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan place chopped butter, golden syrup and milk. heat on low heat. stirring continuously until heated thru, do not allow to boil. Take off the stove, add this wet mixture to the dry and mix well together.
- Take heaped Teaspoons, roll them in a ball and place on tray lined with baking paper. With this amount of mixture you should get approx.18-20 biscuits.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. ( They will be softish when you take them out of the oven.) but will crisp as they cool.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- When completely cold place biscuits in an air tight container lined with baking paper.
Freshness and Quantities
If not eaten before, they do keep for up to 10 days.
NB. Every time I make these biscuits, which is at least once a week I DOUBLE all the ingredients, As we like Golden Syrup I add a little extra.
You will get approx 36-40 using the double mixture.
Variations and Additions
I have used , successfully, a number of variations and additions to this Golden Oats recipe.
I would like to share these with you:
- added to the dry mixture - 1/2 cup of Craisins. ( Dried Cranberries )
- added to the dry mixture 1/2 cup of diced dried Apricots
- added to the dry mixture 1/3 cup of chopped Pecan Nuts.
- added to the dry mixture 1/3 cup of Dried Blueberries.
Each time I make them it gives me 5 in all different flavors to choose from.
Hope you like this Golden Oats Biscuit Recipe.
Please Take Our Small Poll
Have you made these Golden Oats Biscuits
© 2018 oliversmum