Simple Tuna Spread
- 2 tins (2 x 5.1oz /2 x 145g) tuna in spring water, or in sunflower oil
- 5.3 ounces (150g) olive spread, or softened unsalted butter
- 8.8 ounces (250g) curd cheese
- 2 tablespoons yellow American mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, (medium size)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- around 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chive, or leaf parsley, chopped softly
First take the tins of tuna, open it and drain it.
Then add all of the ingredients except the fresh herbs to the big bowl and mix all together (electric hand mixer recommended). It should not take longer than 4 minutes to get a smooth texture. Then add the herbs if you have (softly chopped chive, parsley or spring onions if you like them for a lighter taste) and mix it all together again.
Then put the tuna spread to the fridge for some time to rest.
And that is all. As you can see it is a very simple recipe perfect for morning breakfasts or unexpected visitors.
Best served with a slice of crusty bread or crackers and sprinkled with softly chopped spring onions or fresh herbs like parsley, chive or with some slices of ham or salami, depends what you like.
Do you like this recipe? If the answer is yes, then try some small modifications next time.
For example, you can change the taste completely if instead of curd cheese you are going to use 3 or 4 pieces of triangles spread cheese.
Have a nice day and see you next time with my another recipe.
© 2019 John Freez