- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Eat Crabs
Learn how to eat crabs.
Eating crabs can be fun, delicious and messy. Different types of crabs require different eating styles and techniques to best enjoy them. Jump in with both hands and experience some of the most flavorful seafood you have ever eaten.
1. On the bottom of the crab, pull up on the apron and break it off.
2. With both hands, pull the crab body and top shell apart.
3. Break off the two claws at the body knuckle.
4. Crack the claw shell with a mallet or a shell cracker and pull the meat out from the claw shell.
5. Remove the smaller legs on each side of the body by breaking or cutting with a knife. Some meat will be at the end of the joints.
6. When the body of the crab is exposed, remove the yellowish mustard like substance in the center, then scrape off the gills and the fat.
7. Break the cleaned part of the body in half to expose the delicious crabmeat and then continue to break and expose the crab body chambers which contain solid white crab meat.
Video showing how to eat crabs
- Steamed Crabs
Crab lovers unite and celebrate the uniqueness of this delicious crustacean. Most people that enjoy dining on seafood also enjoy eating crab and crabmeat. There are different types of crab from different...
How to Eat Crabs in Louisiana
more crab tidbits ...
Learn how to eat Chesapeake Bay Crab
How To Pick Chesapeake Bay MD Steamed Blue Crabs
- www.OceanCity.com - Guide to Ocean City, Maryland
If you are planning a vacation, trip or weekend getaway to Ocean City, MD, then this is one site you may want to visit for travel information on this popular destination.
Disclaimer: The content of this page is not affiliated with the company names or products discussed, listed, presented or shown. The information provided is for general information purposes only and without warranties of any kind. Company names and products shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.